A Place For Peace

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Terry Page, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Windmills of your Mind…love love love the lyrics

Holly Saunders and Terry Page like this.
  2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

An English composer I have always liked a lot that has written a lot of stilling peaceful music is Delius here is a video combining his "Walk to the Paradise Garden" with one of my favourite English artists John Atkinson Grimshaw

[​IMG]

Lara Moss and Chrissy Cross like this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Two very beautiful and peaceful pieces of music. I closed my eyes the second time and just listened, and it was even better…especially for the Elvis one. The pics of Elvis brought sadness and empathy for his struggle with fame, fortune, and trying to please others when he just wanted to sing gospel songs. But without his pics I thought more about the lyrics and how peaceful eternal life will be.

I especially liked the lyrics where it quotes scripture Isaiah 11:6 that speaks of the animals in heaven laying down together in peaceful harmony.

The red flowers in the painting really make it pop. It wouldn't be half as good without them. Cover them with your fingers and you'll see what I mean.

Terry Page and Joe Riley like this.
  5. Terry Page

Registered

Yes I agree Lara, I think that is what drew me to the painting in the first place.

Lara Moss likes this.
  6. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Isn't it a beautiful thing that Christmastime is the one and only moment each year that brings
    the whole world together to share in the spirit of giving and spreading good cheer. Peace to all.

normanvincentpeale105765.jpg

7. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Terry Page

Registered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Joe Riley and Lara Moss like this.
  9. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

It is Well With My Soul

Joe Riley likes this.
  10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you, Lara! I have always liked Wintley Phipps, and enjoyed his Crusade appearances. That was super!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    Ina I. Wonder and Lara Moss like this.
  11. Terry Page

Registered

12. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope this day passes gently for you, Ina. Anniversaries are difficult and at only one year, you are still at the very beginning of grieving. Trust me though, it does get easier even though you find that hard to believe.

Are you still going to volunteer at the Vet Hospital?

Thinking of you @Ina I. Wonder .....hugs.

Lara Moss likes this.
  14. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Page , Your are very correct in how I feel at this time. Thank you for understanding. It matters a great deal to me.

Yes I hope to get an appointment with the volunteer manager before the 15th. My TB test was clear, and I passed the written mental exam, then comes the six months training to deal with the permanent residents, and the dying.

Those around me think I'm crazy to do this, but I feel I understand much of what they are looking at in their future. I think forcing myself to be up lifting for them will help me too.

My family doesn't seem to have space for me in their lives, and they also seem to think I'm made of stone. I think it's a great excuse not to have to deal me at this time.

I don't know what I'll do if I'm not excepted into the program, I so counting on it. I've got to make a life for myself somehow.

15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope you get it! Ina! It's very hard to find something to fill our time now that we are alone. At least something meaningful.

I'm sure your family means well but those that haven't experienced loss just don't want to listen to someone crying or whining about being alone.

My kids are great but they kind of always changed the subject or said they have to go if I called crying, so I always put on my fake happy face around them....they have enough to deal with in their own lives.

I still haven't found anything that makes me happy really but I probably never will....my happy days are over and I'm okay with that. I find joy in little things...my grandsons, talking online to friends, a trip here or there, my funny dog, a meal that's good and not fattening, things going smoothly, a day with no pain.:).

Maybe one day I'll find another soulmate, but I doubt it since I'm not even looking.

You will also find small pleasures again, Ina....if you get the job I have a feeling you will find it very fulfilling and you will meet some wonderful people.....just make sure you can deal with losing them, because that can happen. You are a strong woman...maybe your Native American Indian roots, or the loss you've lived through already but I think you will do fine. I'm not worried about you.

Anybody that can drive for 46 hrs is strong and capable, you also have many talents which is more than I have. :)