A Perfect Example of Irony

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Mal Campbell, May 7, 2015.

1. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I just saw something about this on Facebook, and thought the same thing! I also think this when someone who has an abundance of cash wins the lottery.

3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

That story I am sure will be completed by saying it was exchanged for something she could use or she gave it to someone as a gift. That is the way it goes some times, a person gets something they can not use like a person has a car so they win a new one.

4. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm able-bodied and I would not appreciate winning a treadmill. I would give it away, sell it or swap it for something I could use. Fortunately I have no interest in going on any game shows, so I will never be in that situation.

If contestants have no idea what they are playing for, they must be aware when they go on the show that what they win might not be something they can use or want to use.

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

That makes me think of the people who drive to the gym, park as close to the door as they can, and then go in and use the tread mill. ;)

I also read on a Snapple iced-tea cap (Real fact #992): " The patent for the first fire hydrant was destroyed in a fire"! Perfect example of Irony!

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

With her physique, she is young and beautiful, she could use a machine to encourage herself to shape up. Or, sell them, if she preffered to. She could use her imagination and a lot of hundred ways to take the irony into good use for better health. Just an opinion.

8. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Winning something you don't need is indeed an irony. Some years back, my husband won a raffle in their office party - a safety vault. Since we are not rich, hahahaaa, my husband offered to trade it with another raffle winner who got a washing machine. But the offer was not taken so we were left with that safety vault. Now it is sitting inside our cabinet containing some of our valuables.

About 2 years ago, we had a maid who used to be left alone in the house. After a month, she left without notice after stealing valuables. Fortunately our valuables are inside that safety vault so that housemaid got items with lesser value only.

9. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Yeah, that's definitely irony in its purest form. However, I think that, in this case, irony was a bit too harsh. It's no joke to be paralyzed, and it's even worse when people laugh at your expense.

10. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

I love irony!! I consider myself ironic sometimes. But I also think of mmyself as funny, but everyone who has heard my jokes knows I'm wrong lol