A Little Fecal Matter With Your Burger?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw somewhere that you could grind beef in a food processor.

I'm glad I like my steak well done.

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I do not read yucky articles and I just rely on the thread title most of the times. From what I understand, the food has an unsavory element. This reminds me of a popular bakeshop which has an eatery inside their store. They serve meals and snacks which come from the head office and they only heat the food in the microwave or oven toaster before serving to customers. That branch near the office of my husband got in the news when a customer discovered maggots in the food. Live maggots, huh. There was the photo of an evidence and the food server and even the manager had admitted seeing that too. The outlet remained opened for more than a year before it closed shop, presumably due to lack of customers.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

This happened in Europe a few years ago, but on a higher scale. It turns out that a certain IKEA cake from their in-store restaurants had fecal matter in every single piece. Yum! This was at the same time as the scandal in which they found out companies sell horse meat instead of other advertised meat.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

EEEWWWWW! This is so disgusting! I also eat my meat well done, but this still makes me sick to think about! How can there be fecal matter in food, and the supplier not know about it? God only knows what sort of pollution we're taking in every day in the form of food!

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Diane Lane

Registered

I honestly haven't felt like eating meat since reading this. I wonder if they've actually tested the DNA of the fecal matter to determine whether it's animal or human? I'm always shocked at how many store and restaurant employees use the rest room and then don't wash their hands.

7. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I won't read this article either, mainly because I have heard before about how disgusting ground beef is in its natural state. This is the man reason why I refuse to eat it unless its well done. That's right no raw pink meat when eating it otherwise I won't eat it at all. Still I wonder if it's still that safe to eat even when cook well. The reason I say this back in March I bought ground beef that I cooked and within a few days I had what seem like the stomach flu, then other family member who ate the meat as well became sick but not as sick as I did. So, I still don't know if it was the meat or if I caught the flu at a public office I had visited earlier that week. In any case I have avoided that brand of ground beef since then.

Diane Lane likes this.
  8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Thank you for the tip! I now eat veggie burger. Luckily my family likes veggie burgers. There's veggie crumble burger too for your spaghetti and other stir fry dishes to cook with. It tastes good once you get accustomed to the taste of veggie burger you won't go back to meat again. Veggie burgers and veggie bacon is expensive though. I relish the sales they have at Safeway for you can buy it on sale for $3.99 a box of Morning Star grilled veggie burgers. Again thanks for the tip about hamburgers!

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I only eat meat well done. I prefer my fecal matter well done as well.

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  10. Sheldon Scott

Registered

Be careful of those veggie burgers. Cucumbers are killing people now.

Diane Lane likes this.
  11. Diane Lane

Registered

Ha, I was going to say that. Vegetables aren't any safer, and might be more dangerous these days. First (recently) it was the cilantro, now it's the cucumbers.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  12. Sheldon Scott

Registered

It seems the majority of food borne illnesses and deaths come from raw vegetables. Salads can be deadly.

Diane Lane likes this.
  13. Diane Lane

Registered

Yes, and I do scrub my vegetables and fruit, but apparently not as much as I should. I know many people soak them in water and vinegar for a while (I think around 10-20 minutes), but I'm very impatient. Hopefully that impatience won't one day kill me.