A Light Burden

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Joe Riley, May 1, 2016.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

We listen to a radio preacher at 8:30 every Sunday morning, and this morning he was reading from Matthew 11:28-30. (KJV)

28 Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

He spoke about , how as far as he knows, this is the only mention of a light burden, in all of literature. (If a burden is light and manageable, it is no longer a burden.) I remember reading about an order of nuns, who carried water using specially made yokes, designed to spread the weight of the two water buckets evenly. Jesus is the only one who can take our heavy load and lessen it, allowing us only what we can bear. The world doesn't promise us a light burden.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for the information and I really needed to know it. The Bible is very deep. Can't know everything all at once that the Bible has knowledge for us, so when people share about it it's so wonderful for it solves so much for a person. Thanks so much for sharing it for it helps us a lot right now!

Joe Riley likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks @Joe Riley How right you are giving our burdens to Jesus does lighten the load considerably! :)

645c1f2e0eff0854705b180d8a2ba3d6.jpg

Joe Riley likes this.