A Kangaroo. A Dog And A Man

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Louise Williams, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi Louise my interpretation of that was the kangaroo protecting itself against two quite big dogs. The two of them probably could have killed the roo. The only defense the roo had was to grab the dog around the neck to protect itself

I have never been keen on how kangaroos have been treated in the past.

Hope my comment does not offend.

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Kangaroos - strange critters aren't they, sometimes they need a sock in the jaw :p

4. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Honey Bee..My friend Kate who lives in Australia , said if there was water near by, the Roo, it would of dragged the dogs there and would of drowned them..
    But I guess when any animal is threatened they automatically go into a survival mode..

But I have to hand it to the guy that stood up to the roo and gave him a good ole one two Punch.. the look on the roos face was priceless !! :D

I never read up on Kangaroos so I do not know how they have been treated. but im sure they do their best to protect any wild animal no matter where they roam.
    So no , I don't take any offense to your comment. I don't like to see wild animals killed or maimed but I think that punch in the jaw was not that cruel. it did save those dogs.. and the roo did not seem to have even felt the punch, I think it was just stunned by what just happened, LOL..:D

5. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well the good thing is they ALL lived to see another day...and if there ever is a next time I'm sure they all will be more careful who they mess with! :)

Patsy Faye and Honey Gee like this.
  7. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I live in Australia @Honey Gee ,and none of your comments are offensive .in the least .
    Kangaroos are very dangerous wild animals and will chase down a man or a dog and try to drown them if there is any water near by
    Yes many rescue baby joeys if their mums have been killed ..but they can even turn on people who have raised them.
    The biggest kangaroo I've ever seen was a big "red " it was about 7 foot tall the "red" Roos as we call them grow all their life and of course will defend ,their females ...and you can't blame them ..

Babs Hunt likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

I think the dogs will - the Roos are a pretty feisty bunch :D
    @Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt likes this.
  9. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Lo
    I love Aussies @Kate Ellery. We nearly became a £10 Pom in the 60's

Kate Ellery likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

To me, it doesn't look like the dog is very concerned until the man comes up and things start happening.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

Roos are extremely strong, there's no way I would have left my dog at his mercy !

13. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_2205.JPG IMG_2205.JPG I lived on quite a large sheep / cereal growing farm for 12 years prior to meeting my Hubby ,all my children learned to drive a car quite young , including my youngest son who learned to drive at 6 years old ..
    While I lived there I had an Australian silky terrier dog who wasn't afraid of anything ..she was all of about 4 kg in weight but she would approach big kangaroos ,as she was always the first in the car if one was going out mustering sheep or going out to check water troughs ..

How she lived so long I will never know ...I left her there with the owner ,when I left the farm as she was so used to being on the farm ..She just dissapeared one day and was never seen again ..she was about 14 years old and sadly it was presumed a Wedge tail eagle took her ..
    This is not my dog it's a picture I found but just like she was
    http://www.bushheritage.org.au/species/wedge-tailed-eagles?gclid=CLnZnOq05tACFZaSvQoduP8ONg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    Patsy Faye likes this.