A Huge Doe Deer On Our Property

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Marie Mallery, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

This morning hubby opened the door and saw the biggest doe he has ever seen. It wa just a few yards from our porch eating acorns. We see them all the time a doe keeps having her fawns here.Our neighbor feeds them corn but we just saw her and 3 of offspring differnt sized.

They have cleared so much land here they are runing out off a place to survive.We try not to do any more cclearing than we have to to keep the woods from coming in on us so wildlife can have a little habitat.The deer will look at you then turn and shke their tails at you when the yturn to leave. I hope the nut next door doesn't burn us out burning his damn trash.we have trash service plus a dump in town.:mad:

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Funny, I noticed a large doe this year that looks like a small horse. Like you, I've never seen one that large.

The property that adjoins mine on one side is Under Contract. 250+ acres. It will be the 4th owner since I moved here in 2010. This county is starting to grow. I hope it will not be subdivided, but I fear the worse. I live in a predominantly black district, and we get taken advantage of. Our Board of Supervisors rep has been charged with a felony for steering government contracts to his business, he pled down & got a slap on the wrist, and still got reelected. If there's a buck to be made, he will be all over it, and damn his constituents.

I just might pay to get an informal survey (a real one was quoted at $5,000 ten years ago) and start posting signs around that side of my property. damn.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Isn't it ironic that you both seen a mammoth deer the same year? That kind of thing is happening more and more lately.
    I hope they don't put in a subdivison too.