A Dog Is the Best Companion

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Fredrick Jones, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm sorry if I exaggerated the situation but while the majority of local dog owners are responsible, many leave their deposits and black bags on the streets. There are over twelve million dogs in Britain, many costing over five hundred pounds and a large amount each year. In these times of austerity a licence similar to the American examples would allow councils to clear up the offenses that spoil walks by having to stare at the ground,

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'll have to check our rules, but I think not liking cats calls for a ban.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Way to go, Ken! Your post here definitely made me laugh, but can be true. The one kind of cat I absolutely love is a Siamese...…….their attitude can be something else.

Other cat I love is....…...Garfield, of course. The cat with the ATTITUDE and loves picking on Odie.

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It has been said that the way to tell the seasons in Alaska is, "If you step in dog poop--it is summer, but if you trip over dog poop, it is winter." In subdivisions and around military housing, it is quite aromatic when the stuff thaws in the spring and the entire winter's deposits become semi-liquid at the same time.

Joe Riley likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That's not entirely true Ken. When I lived in Lathrop Wells, Nevada, I worked right next door to a cat house and the cats would often stop by at the restaurant when they left the house. They seemed friendly enough and I treated them with the same respect I gave all my other guests. I was told that there were a couple of dogs at the cat house but to tell the truth, I never saw or met one.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Dog owners are held accountable for their dogs leaving 'deposits' anywhere here at our apts.There are poop bag stations on the grounds in several places. We still have a grounds person who picks up the remainder of deposits left on occassion .
    There is a fine if caught not cleaning up after your dog.
    Radar our dog was pad trained when we got him- and that makes it nice when so cold outside, but he still loves to go outside.

Don Alaska likes this.