A Different Take On The Climate Issue

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Don Alaska, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have read this, too, and I think we might even have mentioned it in some of the earlier climate change posts. There is kind of a circuit that the sun goes through, and we are supposed to be going into one of the cold times again. I think it was something like a 400 year cycle, and the last cold one was around the 1700’s when they had the famines because the crops couldn’t grow, and then it warmed up, but now cooling back down again.
    This is a whole different thing than trying to say that we are having the climate change because of gas from cows, and other emissions that affect the atmosphere.
    From what I can tell, the reason that they bring cows into this at all is because they are promoting veganism worldwide. I agree that we can produce much more grains than beef on the same acreage, and thus feed more people, but I don’t believe that this is overheating our world.

Here is an earlier thread on a similar topic.
    http://www.seniorsonly.club/threads/global-warming-or-another-ice-age.394/#post-2608

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The link simply provided background for the changes seen. I knew there had been discussions of this type before, but there may be more background needed.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

While I am one hundred percent certain that there are scientists who have the knowledge, the equipment, and the resources to come to far more accurate conclusions than I would be able to on my own, they have been all over the map on the issue over the past several years, particularly since this has become a political, as opposed to a scientific issue. Plus, they have been caught fudging data, hiding data, lying, and even setting up temperature-monitoring equipment in paved areas, which are known to hold heat, thus rendering inaccurate high temperatures. Because it has become such a political issue, I don't know who or what we can trust, if anything.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

This is an excellent article, and I read one that must have been a reprint in another of my news sources today . I think that this very real possibility of colder weather is something that is a great discussion topic ! I am sure that I have watched a video that explains about it besides the one I posted in the other thread, and I will see if I can find it again, and post it here.

Disclaimer: I don’t like the cold anymore so I am sure I would think we are going to have an ice age whether that is true or not.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Having been a "weather person" in the past, I understand instrument shelter siting and requirements. I knew there was incidental errors where the shelters (containing the temperature and humidity sensors) were too close to paved areas, but I had never seen deliberate fudging of data until I went to Fort Ross Park in California. There in the middle of a grassy field, ideal for placing an instrument shelter was a white shelter with the base surrounded in black rocks. This was obviously done to inflate the temperature readings at that site. I was finally convinced that deliberate tampering with the data was taking place. I have kicked myself ever since for not photographing the situation.

7. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Veteran Member
    Registered

8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I don't know anything about the U.S. developing or using weather modification as a weapon, but the USSR allegedly had it is some form, so I assume we did as well. The Russians offered to use it to divert several typhoons in the Indian Ocean after the USSR fell in 1991. I don't recall if the offer was accepted of if it actually worked.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

There is a website called Spaceweather.com that puts out fascinating articles on "The Sun-Earth Environment."

You can subscribe to a daily email providing synopses of each day's articles. This site is where I read an article discussing the increase of Earth's temp over the past couple of decades being 50% attributable to a 25+ year lull in volcanic activity. As the ash has dissipated, less sunlight has been reflected back into space and more has passed through...they have comparative pics of lunar eclipses (1992 and 2018) to demonstrate "dirty atmosphere" vs "clean atmosphere." This is from the May 24, 2018 archive, accessible from the website's landing page.

This is fascinating data for laymen, with no apparent ideological overtones.

More to the thread's topic...the left-hand column of the landing page contains real-time:
    -Current solar wind data
    -XRay solar flare data
    -Daily Sun information
    -Thermosphere Climate Index
    -The Radio Sun
    -Cosmic Rays
    -Oulu Neutron Count (measurement of the strength of the Sun's magnetic field, from a Finnish observatory)
    -Geomagnetic Storm probabilities
    -Lots more

This section also contains current and historical data on Sun Spot activity:
    Spaceweather Sun Spot chart.jpg

This is not a site for scientists, it's written in plain English with great "So what?" explanations. So much of this is over my head, but it makes for fascinating reading. They also give a heads-up on upcoming meteor showers and photos of Northern Lights and sprites and everything atmospheric. And you won't see these details on the news when "Climate Change" is blamed for everything from hurricanes to potholes.

Don Alaska and John West like this.
  10. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I trust everyone knows that the arctic ice pack is increasing after hearing for years that it was melting and would drown coastal cities. I read that NASA still claims there will be an ice-free arctic in the end, however. NASA, as well as the rest of the Federal Government, needs to get out of the climate propaganda business, IMHO.

11. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

https://amg-news.com/
    HAARP, Chemtrails, atmospheric warming. Weapons used to produce earthquakes, tsunami, volcano eruption, global warming, lightening, cyclones, tornado, floods, drought, mega storms... etc, etc…

[​IMG]

12. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Whenever I read a claim that begins with the word strings 'everyone (or everybody) knows" or "it's a proven fact," I get very suspicious. No exception here.

13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Yeah, I noticed that the ice pack was more extensive last year than any in my memory, but that is the "new ice" they speak about. Much of the "old ice" was melted by the volcano erupting under water off the north coast of Greenland. Nobody talks about that since it doesn't fit the narrative, but I think that eruption has calmed, so perhaps the ice pack will go back to more "normal" times or even get larger. We have only been monitoring the ice cap size since the late 1970s, but when they speak of it, they make it sound like they go back into prehistory. Only time will tell. I do not believe the melting pole is due to human activity however.

14. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

15. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Well we can dream with the music,right?' never saw the sun shining so bright never saw things going so right........