A Christian Scholar Talks About Dinosaurs And Creationism

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Yvonne Smith, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Duane Dutchell

Duane Dutchell Veteran Member
    Registered

2 Peter 3:8 says, "With the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." Cyprian took this literally when he determined that, "The first seven days in the divine arrangement contain seven thousand years." However the number, 1,000, was often used in the Bible to signify a very large number, and not specifically one thousand.

Ina I. Wonder and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

An excellent point @Ken Anderson. If a person's point of view regarding faith changes because of any minor or even substantial find in the form of an evolutionary process or even the discovery of a living and breathing dinasaur then that persons focus might be skewed.

I think that if a person asks themselves, "can anything new diminish my faith in God?" If that answer is no then the subject is just so much information aquired. That said, if I ask myself if my faith can be amplified, the answer is always yes and on a daily basis.

Many arguments of faith have been solved by 2 people understanding that if the debate does not amplify one's faith then the argument is not worth an argument.................

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Debate, arguments, and discussions have only served to increase my faith for sure. :)

4. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No one is required to use their own picture on their avatar here, just as they are not required to use their own name. I am unable to connect to the news link, so I can only guess from the headline that is in the URL, but if he chose a photo from a newspaper, that's fine with me. If the man who really owns that face complains, I'll have him change it. Otherwise, the topic of this thread is dinosaurs and creationism.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

th (68).jpg Okay let's talk about Dinosaurs then. I do believe God created them. Even as a child I was fasinated when on school field trips we would go to Museums where the skeletons of Dinosaurs were put together so we could tell what they looked like and how huge some of them were. If they still exist today it would have to be somewhere really isolated it seems...or otherwise someone would see them and if nothing else take a picture with their cell phones and probably share it on Facebook with everyone. :) The question I ask about Dinosaurs is for what purpose did God create them. Most animals, etc. we can understand where they fit in the scheme of things...it's hard for me to imagine where Dinosaurs fit in. Except when I think of The Flintstones cartoon I used to watch. @Yvonne Smith thank you for starting this tread...Dinosaurs are fasinating and I wouldn't mind going to that place in Texas where the fossils are and seeing them for myself too. th (68).jpg

9. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

May I say something here? I debated, but I'm going to say it anyhow. I'd generally agree that not using one's own photo is fine, but... well, this is someone who threatened to kill our president, and.... I sure wouldn't be comfortable what that could cause for the forum. Just my two cents, but this is the picture of someone who had a terroristic message and threatened national security. Thank you for pointing it out, @Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Good question. I used to think that God created dinosaurs so that we could have oil and gasoline, but science no longer believes that oil came from dinosaurs. Perhaps they served some other useful purpose during the forming of the planet.

11. Ken Anderson

I'm beginning to think that the real objective of some of the people here is to disrupt every single thread with off-topic and irrelevant information, intended only to spread discord. The topic of this thread has to do with dinosaurs and creation, not which photo someone used for their avatar. This is not the first time I have mentioned this here.

I would be more concerned about the fact that some people feel they need to investigate everyone who participates in this forum to begin with. I am the administrator, and I don't do that. I don't care if don't use your real name or photo, and I can't imagine why it's an issue with anyone else.

I have access to additional information that I could use as a starting point, such as your email addresses and IP numbers, yet I have never once felt the need to try to figure out who anyone is. I don't try to investigate those who participate in this forum.

If I accidentally came across information suggesting that someone here is someone other than who they claimed to be when they created an account, I certainly wouldn't feel the need to disclose it, and I can't imagine the situation that would lead me to come across that information to begin with. For the purpose of this forum, you are who you say you are, and your participation is welcome, but it's even more welcome if you can stay on topic.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Oil and gasoline from Dinosaurs? Are you talking about from their bodies Ken...kind of like "whale oil?" that the Eskimos and others used for things? I'm positive they had a purpose just like all Creation has a purpose...even when we don't understand what that purpose is. Scientists actually used to think oil came from Dinosaurs? How?

13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

One of the things that most interests me is all of the pictures of dinosaur-looking creatures that were drawn by older civilizations. Most of us have heard about dinosaurs and seen pictures of them since we were kids; but people before the 1900's probably didn't have that kind of knowledge. So pictures that come from several hundred years ago, and particularly the ones that show men fighting these creatures, definitely seems like they had to have seen these creatures in order to draw one so close to what we have reconstructed that they look like.
    When something like this is discovered, then it seems like there are always fake sightings, like some of the ones for Loch Ness and even the Sasquatch.
    But when you consider how much of the earth is uninhabited, and some of it has never been seen by mankind, then it is entirely possible for some remnant of these creatures to exist even today. If they do exist still, then that pretty much puts an end to the idea that they were wiped out millions of years ago.
    Here is another really interesting video that explores the possibility of dinosaurs still alive today.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

Yes, they did. Here's an article that discusses it.

sinclairlogo.jpg

Babs Hunt likes this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe if some forms of Dinosaurs still exist..they would most likely be the ones who lived in the seas and would still be found there.