A Bible Question

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Janice Martin, Jan 26, 2017.

1. (I have a number of questions but will post separately as they're different subjects, I hope that's o.k.)

No matter how many times I've read the beginning of Genesis, and no matter how may different versions/translations I've checked, I cannot find the answer to this. Hoping someone here might know:

When, exactly, did God separate the earth and the waters- or were they somehow separate to begin with?

By 'when' I'm referring to in the context of Creation- or is it somewhere further along?

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Did He tell someone then ...............?

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Genesis 1:6-10New King James Version (NKJV)
    6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

@Janice Martin Here's your Biblical answer. If you are asking for a date in time when this happened, there is no recorded date for this...it was on the second day "In the Beginning"....when God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

4. Thanks, @Babs Hunt!
    I have no idea how I missed that. NKJV wasn't one I checked, but it was probably just as clear in the ones I did look at and still didn't see it.

I think what threw me off for so long was I'd always taken the word 'earth' to actually mean 'land.' So I was kinda confused about 'the waters covered' the earth, and figured dry land had to have occurred before Adam and Eve.

And yes, the Biblical answer was what I was looking for. Am not really concerned about the date in time.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

:) You are welcome Janice.

Janice Martin likes this.