$5 Million Of Meth Found In Jalapeno And Cucumber Shipments At Texas/mexico Border

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm glad they caught this, and it didn't somehow get into the wrong hands. I am always extra concerned when this type of contraband is hidden in food, because who knows what type of mix up could occur and people could mistakenly ingest it, thinking it's food products. That may not happen as readily with fruit or vegetables, but drugs have also been hidden inside other food products where it could easily be ingested, and even in this case, the drugs could get onto the skin of the produce and cause problems. Here's a link with more information.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

The scary part is wondering how many shipments like this don't get caught.

Yvonne Smith and Diane Lane like this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I agree, and I'm sure there are many. I have a feeling they do these product shipments the same way they do the mule carriers, with a few that stand out like a sore thumb, to distract from what else is going past those watching for contraband.

4. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow, just like the meth hidden in the shipments of chicken batter on "Breaking Bad".

5. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I have worked in the county hospital and meth over doses must be treated ASAP. And should the food with meth inside been ingested by a child it would have been fatal.

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I thought it was just hidden under packages of the food not put in the food. That would make me paranoid, I'm bad enough when it comes to buying food.

If I just bought something and go to use it and it's not sealed and I don't remember if I broke the seal, I throw it out.

7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

The drug issue is getting blown up here because that is the promise of our new president. Just 2 days ago, our president read 5 names of police generals who are implicated in the illegal drug trade. I don't know where this crusade against illegal drugs is going but I hope the president is not assassinated before he cleans up the country of such dirt.

In the recent years, there were Filipinos who were caught as drug mules - they are couriers of illegal drugs to another country. Some of the drug mules use their body as vessel for the illegal drugs which are placed in condoms which would be planted in the tummy of the drug mule. It involves surgery and another surgery when the courier reaches the destination. What's pathetic is the fact that most of those couriers are professionals like teachers and nurses.

8. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

Corie Henson likes this.