2018 Midterm Elections

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Democrats are much, much better at crying than Republicans. Is crying going to carry them over the top in November?

Yes, I know. It makes them appear sensitive and people like that; women especially, but maybe I am being sexist with that assumption.

Maybe what it will come down to is whether their crying is believable? Once it becomes clear that they are phony about it, the effect diminishes, I think.

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I suspect that the Democrats will be doing a lot of crying after the midterm elections. :D

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Our primary is next Tuesday. Early voting starts tomorrow and I will vote in the afternoon.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

mid-term-coverage.png
    Source (and additional information): Life News

I don't think it was from this article, but I read an article recently about the media coverage of Trump that said that Fox News coverage was the most favorable toward Trump, which probably isn't a surprise, but that more than fifty percent of their coverage of Trump was also negative. Positive news coverage about Trump from several of the mainstream news outlets was in the low single digits.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Not only the news coverage, but the "entertainment" also seems to be constantly anti-Trump. I have never seen anything like this in all the years watching politics.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I should have grabbed it when I saw it but now both sides seem to be counting and publishing how many violent acts that one party is responsible for doing to the other.

This morning, someone published an article saying that the Dems have performed hundreds of violent acts upon the Republicans (or someone in the Rep party) in the past couple of years.
    I have tried to re-find the article but alas, it has escaped my grasp..........

7. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Veteran Member
    Registered

Try these search terms 'right wing vs left wing violence statistics' & 'democrat vs republican violence statistics'. You may need to run it on multiple search engines since Lil Bro (Google) has expanded into censorship.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Could someone please explain to me what you're all voting for on Tuesday? ..I have little knowledge of the voting system in the USA

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

It will differ somewhat from state to state, and will include local candidates and issues as well. In my part of Maine, I'll be voting on ...
    • US Senator
    • US House Member
    • State Senator
    • State House Member
    • Governor
    • Judge of Probate
    • Register of Probate
    • County Treasurer
    • Register of Deeds
    • District Attorney
    • County Commissioner
    • Town Councilor (2)
    • A bunch of citizen's referendums that will add considerably to the state deficit, and which I always vote no on, but which almost inevitably win.
    The first five are the most important. The town councilor positions can be important locally, but this year there will be only one name on the ballot for each open position.

Generally, the positions of Judge of Probate, Register of Probate, Register of Deeds, and District Attorney are unopposed and, this year, both of our Town Councilor spots are unopposed, as well.

Here's the sign I always use for citizen's referendums.

no-on-everything.jpg

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The members of the House of Representatives only have a 2 year term and an election is held every other even year. The members of the Senate have a 6 year term and election is also held every other even year.
    When the congressional elections are held at the 2nd year of the presidents term, it’s called the mid term elections and are especially important to see who controls the house and senate for the next 2 years of a presidents term.

Don Alaska and Ken Anderson like this.