2016 Interesting Stats

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Frank Sanoica, May 15, 2017.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

In 2016, 4 states LOST more than 50,000 residents each. They were California, Indiana, New York, and New Jersey. Pretty amazing, to me! Especially since NJ is quite small. Here's where the data came from:

[​IMG]

Explanations given are brief, to be sure, but obvious factors in addition are present. For example, it costs considerably less to maintain home temperatures at acceptable levels in the Sun Belt than the Snow Belt. All that cooling necessary, you'll say, in the Sunbelt? My electric bills for any year here in the blistering Desert total well under $1,000. My wife's sister's total in Churubusco, Indiana, runs $3,000 to $4,000. So, energy costs are one thing.

10,000 "Baby Boomers" retiring daily ought to be a consideration. Retirees do flock to the more desirable places to live.

Any other reasons come to mind?
    Frank

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

My electric bill for last month was $101. I have a 10 room total electric home. Any more of you snowbirds want to move to NC?

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Been there, done that. We lived in Parkton, and then Fayetteville, for a couple of years.