20 Injured In Chicago Plane Fire

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw a really harrowing video of this incident when I was on Twitter last night. It was videoed by a passenger on the plane. It seemed to be a very chaotic evacuation, and I didn't see or hear anyone in charge really, so I would imagine it was frightening for the passengers. Here's the official story. http://abc13.com/news/officials-20-injured-in-plane-fire-at-chicago-airport/1577928/ Incidentally, what is the deal with all of the typos in supposedly professional news stories lately? Does no one proofread anymore? I know I make posts with errors sometimes, but I'm not a professional reporter/news source. I miss the days when I could look to the press as authorities on how to speak, correct terminology, etc.,

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Scary! That's an airport I know very well. Have flown out of there a lot and now connect there many times on way to son's house in Illinois.

Since I'm flying in December, I'll try to put it out of my mind.

Actually I'm not worried. :)
    These things don't worry me, my thought watching all that was I bet my back would spasm trying to get out.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Well those packages won't be arriving, hope nobody was hurt though.

Also I was reading about the first incident and it's amazing they got all those people off in about one minute! That plane was full of fuel, very lucky the pilot aborted the take off and stopped before the end of the runway...could have been a lot worse.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

Yes, and there was another plane coming to the U.S. that had to be diverted to Shannon Airport in Ireland, as well as another incident where the crew was sickened...I think that was in Canada. All happened within days of one another, and seemed very suspicious. Shannon incident Vancouver Incident

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I heard about the one where the crew got sick. I'm not going to worry about these incidents since I'm flying in December. :)

I seldom worry when flying though...just not one of my fears.

I go down...I go down. Just hope it's quick.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Registered

I wouldn't worry about it, because with all of these incidents happening, they'll be on the lookout for issues, and I'm sure you'll probably end up safer because of it. I feel the same way about flying. Once you leave the gate, it's out of your hands. You can't get off the plane, so you might as well relax. I'd also rather it be quick, or that I simply drift off in my sleep.

Chrissy Cross likes this.