11.22.63 Original Series On Hulu

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Is anyone else watching this series? I have watched 2 episodes so far, although I had to fast forward through one part of the second episode. It definitely has a different feel than many shows on the main networks, and reminds me quite a bit of Wayward Pines, which I really liked. I'm not addicted yet, but I really enjoy seeing the old fashioned scenery, and think some here might, as well.

The series revolves around the assassination of JFK, and I'm interested to see how it plays out. I first saw a commercial for it somewhere on a regular channel, otherwise I would have missed it, because that was before I had Hulu.

Here's some information from IMDB, with a brief trailer: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2879552/ I didn't realize it was based on a novel by Stephen King.

Here's some information on the novel: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11/22/63

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks @Diane Lane. I was interested because of the title alone but now not so much. The genre is not one that I like but I'm sure that Johnny would love it.

I like to let those who have passed rest in peace and like the O.J. Simpson movie leave it to the justice system. Too much speculation.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, I am. It's a pretty good series, based on the novel by Stephen King, sort of a departure from his usual stuff. The book is better, which is most often the case, but the series is very good. I like the comparison to Wayward Pines, as I hadn't thought of that, but I can see it.

4. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I enjoyed the first episode, but couldn't get past those mean boys early in the second. I gave up.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

@Ruby Begonia Do you mean the butcher part with the cow? I fast forwarded through quite a bit of that, just couldn't handle it, so I'm not sure what I missed. I hate seeing animals hurt in movies or on television shows, even though I know it's simulated, and none were actually hurt.

I figured some here would enjoy the old time aspect of it. I love seeing the older vehicles, and how much simpler life seemed to be. I was way too young to remember anything about Kennedy's assassination, but being from the area, was always interested in it, although not obsessed with it the way some are. I did make the trip to the School Book Depository and Dealey Plaza one time.

@Von Jones I skipped the OJ show that was just on. I don't have any doubt about his innocence. I haven't heard any more about the knife that was found recently, I guess the DNA results probably aren't back yet.

@Ken Anderson I really enjoyed Wayward Pines. I guess they're both a bit surreal, which is why this reminded me of the other. I haven't read the book, but should probably see if my library has it. I still have two large books I'm working on, and it'll probably be a while before I could get to it, but hopefully they'll have it.

6. Ruby Begonia

Registered

@Diane Lane , no, I meant those mean boys chasing down the kid and spitting on him, ugh.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Registered

Ah, I didn't even remember that from 11.22.63 until just now, but there was something similar on The Americans the other night! I guess we've made a little progress with regard to bullying, but in some cases, it seems we've gone overboard. It's amazing how much was chocked up to 'boys being boys' in the past. No doubt if the storekeeper had contacted the offenders' parents (or the boy's dad), he probably would have ended up getting in trouble for being a tattletale, or not fighting back. I'm sure many carried scars from things like that for years.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  8. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Agree Diane. They surely got away with alot. It's great that people today realize the lasting effects of bullying and are alot less tolerant of it. A bullied child just make my heart break.

Diane Lane likes this.